Do you have a few years of Landscape Maintenance Skills under your pruners? Join us as a Technician to maintain Mind-Blowing gardens!
Must have the following experience, knowledge or skills:
- Horticultural Certificate or two years industry experience
- IPM Certificate (with pesticide dispenser’s license)
- WCB Occupational First Aid Certificate (Level 1)
- Valid BC Driver’s License and clean driver’s abstract
- Full service lawn care
- Full service shrub bed maintenance
- Maintenance and care for: Annuals, Perennials, Trees (deciduous and evergreen), Hedges, Specimen trees and plants
- Cultivating and weeding various shrub beds
- Integrated Pest Management
- Irrigation system maintenance and installation
- Maintenance of all types of water features
- Maintenance of low voltage landscape lighting
- Physically fit with a keen attention to detail
- Desire and initiative to grow within your position and the Creative Roots team
- Understand the tools and equipment needed each day and help ensure everything is onsite when needed and in good working condition
- Help ensure the team completes work on time and efficiently each day
- Act as a source of guidance and motivation to all team members
and … Outstanding Customer Service Skills
Personal Characteristics that a successful candidate has:
- Passionate about gardens and great service
- Interest in learning about landscaping, people and business
- Self-motivated, especially under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Able to effectively manage their emotions in the workplace
- Communicate effectively and efficiently
- Literate and likes to read
- Works energetically with purpose
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bold! Engaging! Entertaining!
This is what you’d be doing on a Daily Basis:
- Work with the Maintenance team to maintain beautiful gardens for our customers
- Prepare chemicals and load tools and equipment on and off trailers and trucks
- Assist the Maintenance Leader in ensuring all tasks are completed efficiently
- Occasionally fill out work orders for small jobs you are undertaking
- Use and teach proper equipment and safety procedure practices
- Use the Creative Roots system of maintenance
- Carry out and teach team members the proper techniques to weed, cultivate, deadhead, dig, lift, carry, wheelbarrow, etc.
Our Strong Culture is cultivated through our Core Values. Every employee is responsible for protecting and contributing to our culture by living these Core Values:
- Obsess Over Great Service
- Work Together
- Prove You Care
- Be A Go-Getter
- Be Creative & A Little Weird
All of this responsibility comes with a great compensation package that includes a stake in our Profit Share Plan along with a benefits package.
You can expect : Seasonal – Approx March 1 – November 30th.
Full time 40 – 50 hours per week.Competitive wages based on value and attitude you bring to the company. Typically $18 – $24 for this position.
- Profit sharing
- Extended health benefits
- Potential for advancement including partnership
- Education in landscaping, business and leadership
- Fun times, great culture and hard work
- Non-smoking environment
Our Goal is to Get You to Yours!
Creative Roots Landscaping is not your typical landscaping company. Our culture, and your interest and ability to fit within that culture, is as important as the skills and experience you bring to the table.
|Job Category||Landscape Maintenance|