Do you have extensive experience providing exceptional landscape maintenance services and leading crews? Join our Maintenance Department as a Leader.
Must have the following experience, knowledge or skills:
- 3 or more years industry experience
- Horticultural Certificate is preferred
- IPM Certificate preferred (with applicator’s license)
- WCB First Aid Certificate preferred
- Valid BC Driver’s License and clean driver’s abstract
- Maintenance and care for: Lawns, Shrub Beds, Water Features, Irrigation Systems, Low Voltage Lighting Systems, Annuals, Specimen trees and plants, Perennials, Trees (deciduous and evergreen), Hedges
- The ability to ensure all products, materials, tools, and equipment required to complete daily tasks are loaded or delivered
- Inspect all work being done daily to ensure it is of an acceptable quality
- Ensuring all aspect of the site activities are done so in a safe manner
- Outstanding customer service skills
- An understanding of the order in which all tasks need to be carried out to finish a job quickly and efficiently, and the scheduling of each task appropriately
- Proven leadership skills
Icing on the Cake:
- Experience working locally with Zone 5a and 6a plants
- CIT Level 2 Certification
- Hardscape knowledge and/or experience
Personal Characteristics that a successful candidate has:
- Passionate about gardens and great service
- Interest in learning about landscaping, people and business
- Self-motivated, especially under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Able to effectively manage their emotions in the workplace
- Communicate effectively and efficiently
- Literate and likes to read
- Works energetically with purpose
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bold! Engaging! Entertaining!
This is what you’d be doing on a Daily Basis:
- Work with the Maintenance team to maintain beautiful gardens for our customers
- Prepare chemicals and load tools and equipment on and off trailers and trucks
- Ensuring all tasks are completed efficiently
- Fill out work orders for jobs you are undertaking
- Use and teach proper equipment and safety procedure practices
- Use the Creative Roots system of maintenance
- Carry out and teach team members the proper techniques to weed, cultivate, deadhead, dig, lift, carry, wheelbarrow, etc.
Our Strong Culture is cultivated through our Core Values. Every employee is responsible for protecting and contributing to our culture by living these Core Values:
- Obsess Over Great Service
- Work Together
- Prove You Care
- Be A Go-Getter
- Be Creative & A Little Weird
All of this responsibility comes with a great compensation package that includes an additional stake in our Profit Sharing Plan along with a benefits package.
You can expect: Seasonal – Approx March 1 – November 30th – As a Leader this may extend at either end of the season. Full time 45-55 hours per week. Competitive wages based on value and attitude you bring to the company. Typical range may be $22 – $30 per hour for this position.
- Profit Sharing
- Extended health benefits
- Potential for advancement including partnership
- Education in landscaping, business and leadership
- Fun times, great culture and hard work
- Non-smoking environment
Our Goal is to Get You to Yours!
Creative Roots Landscaping is not your typical landscaping company. Our culture, and your interest and ability to fit within that culture, is as important as the skills and experience you bring to the table.
|Job Category||Landscape Maintenance|