Do you have a few years of Landscape Construction experience and want to get more? .. and have the opportunity to advance? Join us as a Construction Technician to be an integral part of building Mind-Blowing landscapes.
Must have the following experience, knowledge or skills:
- At least 2 years of formal training or equivalent industry experience
- Able to read a plan and do take offs for materials
- Understanding of the order in which all tasks need to be carried out to finish the job quickly and efficiently
- Understanding of what tools and equipment are needed for the day
- Able to help guide and expand team members skill set throughout daily tasks
- Helps maintain team morale and keep team members motivated daily
- Able to complete specific task with one or two other team members with little to no supervision
- Fit enough to perform labor intensive work for a full shift
- A valid BC Driver’s License and clean driver’s abstract
- Skid steer and excavator operation
- Irrigation system installation
- Natural stone rock wall installation (machine built and hand stacked)
- Installation of all types of water features
- Paving stone installation
- Flagstone Installation
- Installation of residential drainage systems
- Low voltage landscape lighting layout and installation
- Operation of a transit level
- Knowledge of all aspects of softscapes
Personal Characteristics that a successful candidate has:
- Passionate about landscape construction and great service
- Interest in learning about landscaping, people and business
- Self-motivated, especially under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Able to effectively manage their emotions in the workplace
- Communicate effectively and efficiently
- Literate and likes to read
- Works with urgency and purpose
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bold! Engaging! Entertaining!
This is what you’d be doing on a Daily Basis:
- Build: rock walls, brick patios, driveways, sidewalks and edging, laying out garden beds, installing drainage systems installing low voltage outdoor lighting, irrigation and plantings, digging, barreling material, lifting and carrying heavy loads, etc
- Effectively performing and training team members using Creative Roots methods
- Helping the Landscape Leader with prioritizing, organizing and performing daily tasks
- Using and teaching proper use of equipment and safety procedure
- Assisting the Landscape leader in delegating tasks to ensure the team is efficient in completing their daily tasks
- Occasionally filling out work orders for small jobs you are undertaking
- Digging, pick axing, lifting, carrying, pushing wheel barrows, etc.
Our Strong Culture is cultivated through our Core Values. Every employee is responsible for protecting and contributing to our culture by living these Core Values:
- Obsess Over Great Service
- Work Together
- Prove You Care
- Be A Go-Getter
- Be Creative & A Little Weird
All of this responsibility comes with a great compensation package that includes an additional stake in our Profit Sharing Plan along with a benefits package.
You can expect : Seasonal – Approx March 1 – December 15th.
Full time 45 – 55 hours per week. Competitive wages based on value and attitude you bring to the company. Typically $19 – $26 for this position.
- Paid overtime
- Profit sharing
- Extended health benefits
- Potential for advancement including partnership
- Education in landscaping, business and leadership
- Fun times, great culture and hard work
- Non-smoking environment
Our Goal is to Get You to Yours!
Creative Roots Landscaping is not your typical landscaping company. Our culture, and your interest and ability to fit within that culture, is as important as the skills and experience you bring to the table.
|Job Category||Landscape Construction|