Do you have extensive experience building landscapes and leading crews under your shovel? Join our Construction Department as Leader of hardworking, fun-loving teams building Mind-Blowing landscapes.
Creative Roots Landscaping designs, installs and maintains all aspects of high-end custom landscapes. Be part of building something safe and great!
Must have the following experience, knowledge or skills:
At least 2 years of formal training or 5 years experience in the industry
Must hold a valid BC Driver’s License with a Heavy Trailer Endorsement
First Aid Certificate
Proven leadership skills
The ability to read a plan and do take-offs for materials
Able to run and manage crew of 3 or 4 workers through the installation of custom, high-end Landscape Construction installations from start to finish
Inspect all work being done to ensure it is of an acceptable quality
Ensuring all aspect of the site activities are done so in a safe manner
Complete installation of:
- Paving Stones & Hydro pressed slabs
- Flagstone Installation
- Residential drainage systems
- Natural stone rock wall installation (machine built and hand stacked)
- All types of water features
- Low voltage landscape lighting layout and installation
- Irrigation system layout and installation
Operation of all landscape construction equipment:
- Skid Steer
- Plate Tamper
- Jumping Jack
- Transit Level
- Brick Saw
- Cut-off Saw
Personal Characteristics that a successful candidate has:
- Passionate about landscape construction and great service
- Interest in learning about landscaping, people and business
- Self-motivated, especially under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Able to effectively manage their emotions in the workplace
- Communicate effectively and efficiently
- Literate and likes to read
- Works with urgency and purpose
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bold! Engaging! Entertaining!
Our Strong Culture is cultivated through our Core Values. Every employee is responsible for protecting and contributing to our culture by living these Core Values:
- Obsess Over Great Service
- Work Together
- Prove You Care
- Be A Go-Getter
- Be Creative & A Little Weird
All of this responsibility comes with a great compensation package that includes an additional stake in our Profit Share Plan along with a benefits package.
You can expect: Seasonal – Approx March 1 – December 15th – As a Leader this may extend at either end of the season. Full time 45-55 hours per week. Competitive wages based on value and attitude you bring to the company. Typical range may be $24 – $30 per hour for this position.
- Paid Overtime
- Profit Sharing
- Extended health benefits
- Potential for advancement including partnership
- Education in landscaping, business and leadership
- Fun times, great culture and hard work
- Non-smoking environment
Our Goal is to Get You to Yours!
Creative Roots Landscaping is not your typical landscaping company. Our culture, and your interest and ability to fit within that culture, is as important as the skills and experience you bring to the table.