Creative Roots Landscaping is an established company with 20-years of experience at the helm providing Landscape Design and Installation of unparalleled quality as well as Maintenance services to high-end neighborhoods. We are currently looking for a contract based Landscape Designer.
You will be:
- Working with our management team in developing several high end custom landscape designs for homes throughout the Okanagan
- Designing landscape construction projects ranging from $15k to in excess of $200k
- Using creativity and the beauty of nature to create harmonious, aesthetically pleasing and functional areas that align with styles of Creative Roots Landscaping. Areas may include Driveways, patios/walkways, pools, outdoor pergolas/decks, retaining walls, fencing, water features, etc.
- Planning the finished product, tying in new features with current ones, through the use of electronic design software. These drawings will be very detailed, down to the window and door placement on the buildings (3D design and rendering ability is an asset)
- Performing site analyses that includes the assessment of current plants, soil conditions, lighting, the view, and architecture style of the house
- Review construction drawings, attend site meetings and perform quantity take-offs
- Prepare hand-off packages for field staff, outlining project specifics and material lists
Necessary Skills and Education
You will need an understanding of art, including color theory, texture, balance, proportion, and more. You will also need a strong background in horticulture so that you understand which plants will work where, and why they will thrive there. You’ll need to be creative, yet unafraid of working with your hands and conducting research.
In addition, you will need:
- Surveying experience and equipment knowledge
- A basic knowledge of how much the materials and labor will cost
- Inspection knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience designing custom landscapes and knowledge of landscape construction
- An understanding of the laws and codes you will have to abide by in specific areas
- Solid understanding of 2d and 3d landscape design software such as Dynascape, Vectorworks, Google Sketchup, Structure Studios, Cad, Archicad, 3ds Max and Photoshop
- To align with Creative Roots company culture and Core Values