Life at Creative Roots
How we do it
All positions in Landscape Construction, Landscape Maintenance, Lawn & Irrigation and Administration start at a competitive hourly rate, but we want you to earn as much as possible! The Creative Roots Passport to Success uses our own internal Education and Skill Track! This system provides team members with a clear outline of requirements for each position within Creative Roots. At the same time, it helps team members identify specific goals to improve their skills and move within the company. Our program steps outside the box of traditional "job descriptions" and gives everyone an opportunity to excel where they are passionate, learn as much as possible and increase their hourly wage. All this cool stuff together creates a Personal Scoreboard for each team member to track specific skills, training and progress as you work up that proverbial ladder.
The right stuff
Here is the BASIC stuff you need before applying:
- Be closely aligned with our Core Values
- Be physically fit; this is hard, physical work that requires stamina
- Be passionate about gardens, landscaping and great service
- Be eager to learn about landscaping, people and business
- Be self-motivated, especially under pressure
- Be able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Be able to effectively manage your emotions in the workplace
- Be able to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Be literate and like to read
- Be detail-oriented
- Have strong organizational skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Have the desire and initiative to grow within your position and the Creative Roots team
- Have a desire to accomplish things with a sense of urgency
- Have a desire to play on a winning team
- Be Bold! Engaging! and Entertaining!
How to apply
It is important to know that because we care, not only about healthy living, but also our high level of professionalism, we are a 100% Non-Smoking company and proud of it! No exceptions. Please take this into consideration before starting the application process.
- Make sure you submit your application via our online application process. It's important to know that we do not consider any direct email submissions, phone calls, faxes, drop-ins, etc.
- Stand by for an invitation to interview.
- If invited, participate in our initial Group Interview.
- If invited, participate in a second One-On-One Interview and provide references (if you didn't include them in your online application)
- If successful in the comprehensive Reference Checks, get invited to attend an Open Tryout to show us your field skills. Even if you have little to no experience, we need to see if you can use a shovel or a rake, take direction and the pace you work at. If you tell us you have the skills, be prepared to back it up!
- If selected, get out in the field and get working! We have a minimum one week Field Tryout (paid, of course) so our Leaders and other team members can see how you do and so you can try us on for size too.
- If offered, accept the job and schedule your orientation and start date!
Great people deserve great opportunity
We believe that our quality of life is determined by the people we surround ourselves with. At home, at the ice rink, at work. Life is too short to spend the bulk of your day working in a situation in which you're not bettering yourself both professionally and personally. We can’t do much about your family and friends, but we can guarantee that you will work with fun, inspiring and nice people at Creative Roots.
How do we ensure that? Well, to begin with we take our values seriously (Giving Back, Delighting Our Customers, etc.) and then we offer tangible benefits that raises the bar within the landscape industry. We can only provide an exceptional customer experience if we are able to attract the best people and reward them accordingly.
Here are some of the benefits we enjoy at Creative Roots:
- Paid overtime
- Opportunity to learn from people who know the industry
- Stake in our Profit Sharing Plan and Benefits Package*
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Weekly Team Huddle and the practice of Open Book Management & The Great Game of Business
* (after completion of probation period)