Overlooking Okanagan Lake and the city of Kelowna this contemporary home features low level planting to accentuate the gorgeous natural views of its surroundings.
While the view of the lake is the focal point of the property the homeowner also enjoys a large swimming pool, natural gas fire pit bowl and seating area, raised concrete planters, paving stone driveway along with multiple lounging areas. By creating photo realistic 3D renders and a full scale animation of the project, including exact specifications of the house, the client was able to see beyond our vision for the project and exactly what their landscape’s final outcome would be.
- 200 tonne of dry stack rock walls were used to not only install necessary retaining but also to provide a craftsman like stunning visual feature to the lower end of the rear yard and right side of the garage
- Paving Stone installation included 4800 sq ft to complete the driveway, patios and pathways
- Woodwork includes rough-sawn timber and panel details for a backdrop screen guarding the fire bowl patio
- Three raised concrete planters give the back yard structure and are softened by simple plantings of Boxwood and ornamental grasses
- The entirety of the project took upwards of 2700 man hours and over thirteen weeks to complete
- Low voltage lighting system
- Extensive Drainage systems were put in place including drains, basins and pits to remove water from hard surfaces
- Proper staging of the project was essential to its success, dealing with access issues as well as the numerous trades building the house
- Creating proper compaction of subgrades on top of the old quarry sand bank
Are you ready for the next Step?
or call us at 250.868.9374